A simple Christmas recipe with olive oil that you will love!
Extra Virgin olive oil is a highly recommended ingredient for cooking, both for its nutritious characteristics and health benefits!
Cookies are a usual and easy choice as far as it concerns to Christmas sweets.
Olive oil is a known ingredient for cooking savory meals. There are numerous ways that you can use olive oil as a cooking tool: Click Here to Learn more.
The taste of olive oil ranges from bitter to sweet. In case of sweet, olive oil can create a unique taste in your recipes that can satisfy the most demanding palates.
Here we will present an easy recipe for Christmas cookies, perfect for both less experienced and professionals. The pastry is light, crumbly, soft short-crust which is also perfect for pies, biscuits, or Christmas sweets gifts.
300 grams Flour pastry
70 ml MyElia
100 grams Granulated sugar or 120 grams Brown sugar
1 tablespoon Baking powder
Pure vanilla extract
Lemon zest or other flavouring that you prefer
1. Combine the flour, sugar and olive oil in a bowl using a mixer, a cooking wire or your hands.
2. When the mixture is homogenous, add the eggs one at a time, and continue by kneading.
3. Add the baking powder and flavouring of your taste. Continue the kneading until you get a firm and compact dough, forming a loaf.
The dough does not need rest!
4. Sprinkle a work surface with light flour and begin to roll out the pastry evenly using a rolling pin until is about 0.5 cm in thickness.
5. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (ventilated)
6. Cut the dough into circles, squares, or Christmas shapes using cookie cutters. The shapes depends on your imagination, be creative!
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the cookies.
8. Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
9. After baking, remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool and store them in airtight container.
TIP: If you prefer sweeter cookies, you can fill the biscuits with chocolate, jam, hazelnut cream, or decorate with sugar ice!
TIP: You can add mixed spices or other flavours that you like!